Gmail e-mails that are piling up and too many are sometimes quite annoying. Generally, e-mail that accumulates comes from unwanted e-mail or spam. E-mail spam like this usually comes from the promotion of a product. This is what makes e-mail pile up .
Especially if you are an e-mail user for many years. E-mail that is piling up is what often hinders users from searching for other important e-mails. To overcome this, of course, you have to delete a lot of e-mails that are not important.
But deleting e-mails manually and one by one takes a long time and is inefficient. Therefore, in the following, KompasTekno summarizes a tutorial on how to quickly and practically delete e-mails that have piled up all at once. Here are the steps.
How to delete e-mails that have piled up all at once
- Open the Google Mail app on the PC
- Select "Inbox"
- Then in the search bar type older_than:year of the e-mail you want to delete. For example, "older_than:2y" without the quotes
- A list of e-mails that have piled up two years ago will appear later
- Click the tick and select the “Deleted” icon
- After that your old e-mails are all deleted quickly
Apart from that, you can also delete unwanted Gmail e-mails automatically through certain filters. Here's how.
How to delete unwanted e-mails automatically
- Open Gmail via your PC or mobile
- Log into your Gmail account
- Tap the “Show browsing options” icon to the right of the search field
- Type the sender's name in the "From" field, here you must know the name of the sender of the e-mail you don't want.
- For example the name of a product or service
- After that click “Create filter”
- Check the filter section "Delete" Then click "Create filter" again
- Done, now unwanted e-mails will be deleted automatically
Those are some ways to delete unwanted and accumulated e-mail quickly and practically. In addition, users can also delete e-mails in Gmail permanently. As for how you can see in the article " How to Permanently Delete All Emails in Gmail " below. I hope this helps.